Garlic and Ginger Green Beans
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger root, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 Tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of brown sugar
- 4-6 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A pinch of red chili flakes optional
Step 1: In a large skillet, just slightly heat the olive oil.
Add green beans, ginger and salt. Toss with wooden spoon or tongs, to coat with oil. When beans begin to darken slightly in color, add garlic. Continue turning beans, so that all sides begin to wilt and brown. Add sugar.